The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in a role with credit granting authority.
- A successful track record managing a consumer lending operation.
- A thorough understanding of local, state, and federal regulations including DFI and NCUA rules and regulations in Consumer Lending.
- Experience with effective lending operation process management and with credit sales.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills including time management.
- The ability and confidence to work and make decisions independently.
- The desire to be part of a team, and an understanding of what it means to be a team player.
- The creativity to innovate beyond the status quo.
- An orientation to results, with a “take action” attitude.
The RoleThe Consumer Lending Manager will report to the AVP of Consumer Lending, and will have 5 direct reports who are responsible for all consumer loans and vehicle titles throughout the organization. You will work to mitigate risk, efficiently execute operations, and support the organization from a consumer lending perspective. At the most basic level, you will ensure that loan officers are adhering to the AVP’s credit philosophy by making credit decisions per the appropriate guidelines. You will also have a number of hands-on responsibilities, including:
- Reviewing sample declines and approvals to ensure proper credit standards have been applied.
- Ensuring that local, state, and federal regulatory requirements are being met.
- Mitigating losses and ensuring fraud is being detected.
- Ensuring that funding adheres to quality standards by being error free and completed with a sense of urgency.
- Ensuring DMV loans have perfected titles to reduce risk.
Why Provident Credit UnionHigh visibility -- as the Consumer Lending Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to support the entire company from a consumer lending perspective, serving as a resource for internal and external customers. This high level of visibility will be a boon to the right candidate, providing opportunities to shine.
Growth potential -- Provident Credit Union has a solid foundation and a strong history of success. We are looking for someone who can grow with the company—the right candidate will have a “home” with us.
Strong department -- our consumer lending department is made of strong employees working towards a common goal, and you will take a leadership role to support and guide the team to results.
Community in a beautiful setting -- we believe that our employees like working here, which is demonstrated by our low turnover rate. We have a cohesive community and a beautiful setting – our corporate headquarters includes peaceful outdoor paths and benches where you can enjoy your lunch.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary and corporate incentive potential, we offer medical, dental and vision care coverage, 100% paid for the employee and available on the 1st of the month following your start date. We also have a 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions, a credit union membership, flexible spending accounts, reduced rate employee loan programs, and more. One of our favorite benefits is the opportunity to use either our Maui or Lake Tahoe condos for vacation.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will need to bring a passion for doing an excellent job, coupled with conscientiousness and an understanding of the impact you have on the overall process. This is a key role in the company, and will make you highly visible throughout the organization, as you will be the central escalation point for both internal and external customers. You will need to be a resource to our branches and to everyone who sells and services loans within the organization, while acting as the face of the company to those outside the organization.
About Provident Credit UnionProvident Credit Union is member-owned, trusted, financially sound, technologically advanced, and provides "world class" value, convenience, products and services to all members. We are headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and have 18 branches located throughout California, in the San Francisco Bay Area, Eureka, and Folsom. Our savings rates are 44% higher than the national average, and we boast a 5-star health rating and a BBB® rating of A+. We have more than 240 employees proudly serving 93,000+ members.
Your Money is Safe at Provident
Provident Credit Union is committed to the safety of our members' deposits. With over 1.6 billion dollars in assets, Provident has earned a reputation for absolute safety and soundness. Additionally, we hold 13% of our assets in reserve, a figure greatly exceeding that of most banks. Plus, your savings are insured to $250,000 per membership (with an additional $250,000 per IRA) by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).